PLease note: The store will be closed for holiday 15th August – 19th August. All orders will be processed on our return 20th August.
30th May 2022 (updated 7th July): It is with great sadness that we must announce that we are facing closure after twenty three years of trading. We will continue to do everything that we can to avoid closure, and will keep you updated with any relevant information via our website, Instagram and Facebook. As things stand, we will continue trading (including processing and despatching orders) until the end of September 2022 to clear all existing stock.
*Any official closure date will be made public via website and social media over the coming weeks.
Please either visit the store for all clearance sales, or contact us with any enquiry prior to ordering online so that we can inform you of stock availability and clearance pricing. If the relevant product/s have not already been reduced to a clearance price on the website, then we will create a clearance discount code for you to use against your online order.
Love and thanks for your support and understanding ~ Lee X
Any current discount coupon may only be used for UK & Northern Ireland orders (as with any order at any other time) only. We do not ship/take orders outside of mainland UK and Northern Ireland.
Unless stated otherwise, any current coupon may be used as many times as you wish throughout the discount/sale promotion. Newsletter signups and account holders will have been notified of start and finish date for their unique coupon code via Mailchimp email notification. For public promotions, the coupon code and its start/finish date will be displayed here when relevant. Unless stated otherwise a coupon code can be used for any product/s on our website excluding any bespoke growing kit/product listed for an individual customer at the time of any discount/sale.
Our standard UK mainland zone & NI delivery charges remain unless an order is placed for delivery to a surcharge zone, or the order weight/size be above our courier’s allowance, then we will notify you of the additional delivery surcharge cost to allow you to cancel the order for full refund if preferred.
Guarantee & Returns
Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase, you will need it should you have a problem, without it we cannot validate your purchase. Please read the terms of the guarantee relating to the items you have bought, ordinarily Somerset Hydroponics will adhere to a 30-day guarantee on faulty items, but please inform us upon delivery or at your soonest convenience to report any breakages or faults. No refund, credit or exchange will be given if it is deemed by Somerset Hydroponics that a product has been damaged or used contrary to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
FOR NON DAMAGED RETURNS: Any refund will be minus the original delivery charge factored into the selling price of the product/s. A 20% re-stocking fee may also be applied dependent on order.
GROW TENT RETURNS: Please ensure that you have measured the space required for any growing tent purchased. We do not accept returns of any growing tent where it is found to be too large or unsuitable after removing from its packaging and or on construction. It is virtually impossible to re-package a growing tent as new from the box due to being machine packed on manufacture and therefore cannot be re-sold as new. In the rare circumstance where we allow a return due to a size issue, the return may be subject up to a 50% re-stocking fee. If a growing tent has been received with damages, then we must be informed of the damages immediately on receipt of the product to be able to consider taking forward a Return & Refund (conditions apply)
RETURNS OF A PRODUCT WITH FREE GIFT
Product/s that were purchased and delivered with a promotional Free Gift, must be returned with that Free Gift to receive a full refund for the original item purchased.
All guarantees and returns are ultimately at the discretion of Somerset Hydroponics.
Although we aim to re-price any product as soon as any new pricing comes into effect, we reserve the right for product pricing to be subject to change without advanced notification to customers. In the rare occurrence of this happening we will obviously inform any customer of a price change to allow for an order cancellation if necessary.
Who are we?
Somerset Hydroponics Ltd and we are the data controller for your Personal Data.
Somerset Hydroponics Ltd is committed to protecting any personal information that you may provide to us and we believe it is important that you know how we treat the information about you that we may receive from this website.
What information do we collect?
When you use the Somerset Hydroponics Ltd – Somhydro website we collect certain personally-identifiable information, this will depend on what part of the website using such as
- When you make a purchase we will collect personal information such as your email address, name and address and credit card details.
- If you register for the Somerset Hydroponics Ltd Email Marketing Newsletter we will collect your email address and use this to notify you of new products, competitions, special offers and relevant service information. You can opt out at any time by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found at the bottom of all emails to opt out.
What do we do with the information we collect?
All of the personal information that we collect will be stored on secure servers, and treated as completely confidential. Your data is used for a variety of reasons such as:
- Using your personal details to process your order or provide order status updates, and to respond to your customer service queries.
- We may use this information to provide content or advertising to you on the Somhydro website with the aim of providing a more personalised experience based on your preferences and browsing history.
- We may pass on your personal information to third parties with a specific reason. If so, that information is only given to those third parties for that limited purpose. This includes reputable banking institutions where information needed to verify and authorise your payment for purchases made on this website, and distribution institutions that need information to process and deliver your order. These organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private, and will only ever use your information for the above purposes.
How we approach Data Security?
Somerset Hydroponics Ltd respects the privacy of its customers and is committed to complying with all laws relating to the protection of personal data. All of the personal information that we collect will be stored on secure servers, and treated as completely confidential.
To prevent unauthorised access to your data, we follow the appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information which you have given to us.
We only accept transactions through web browsers that allow communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, so that your order is processed on a secure connection. Credit card details are processed through our merchant service providers, where your credit card information is encrypted so that it remains protected and private as it is processed through the internet.By using the Somerset Hydroponics Ltd – Somhydro website you acknowledge and agree that:
How long do we retain your personal information?
Unless we advise otherwise, we will hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- A reasonable business need exists such as managing our relationship with you, managing our operations and performing analysis and auditory tasks.
Our data retention periods are in line with legal and regulatory requirements/guidance.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
All individuals have rights under the data protection laws, some of which do not apply in all cases. Should you wish to exercise these rights, we will explain after the point of contact on whether they can be used or not.
As an individual you have:
1) The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
2) The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate
3) The right to have incomplete personal information completed
4) The right to object to processing of your personal information
5) The right to restrict processing of your personal information
6) The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
7) The right to obtain information about how we process your information.
8) The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information. The right or Data portability is effective from May 2018
9) Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk. You can contact us using the details below.
How do I get in contact if I have any questions?