Grow Genius Mono-Silic is the most readily available (to plant growth) mono-silic on the market. Silicon is an important nutritional element for many organisms, including humans. In plants it provides physical reinforcement against insect and mould attacks on leaves and flowers, strengthens cell walls allowing faster growth, confers resistance against biological and environmental stress, and even allows plants to reduce water loss. You can grow plants without it, but they are healthier and more productive with silicon.
There are many silicon supplements on the market today – but plants only take up silicon in the form of mono-silicic acids: individual silicon atoms surrounded by hydrogen and oxygen – and most silicon products contain silicates: long chains of silicon that root or microbe chemistry takes weeks or months to convert into mono-silicic acids that plants can use.
This is why stabilised mono-silicic acid is so effective: it is already in bioavailable form, meaning plants can access and use it immediately!
- 0.3ml/10L weekly in solution and 0.5ml/L as a fortnightly foliar spray.
How to use Grow-Genius:
- We strongly recommend that mono-silic is mixed with water/nutrients before adding to a growing system tank.
- For strength and yield increases, faster growth and stress resistance.
- Apply weekly at 0.3 ml per 10L of water or nutrient solution.
- Hand water or apply via irrigation system.
- Use from seed germination or cutting propagation to a few weeks before harvest.
Grow Genius mono-silicic acid is not an organic product, but it is compatible with mycorrhizae and bacteria friendly growing techniques at the application rates we recommend. Silicon is not harmful to most beneficial microorganisms and low levels of ethanols are digestible by many soil borne bacteria and fungi.
- Close container securely immediately after use: ethanol evaporates quickly!
- Apply to plants within a day of mixing for maximum effectiveness: monosilicic acid separates from the ethanol carriers on contact with water – it becomes active but also begins to polymerise into less active forms over the following week.
- Do not allow any water or dirt into the container: GG mono will re-polymerise on contact. Use a blunt needle syringe, pipette or other appropriate measuring equipment to measure out the required dosage (included with the 10ml size).
- Contains ethanols and silicon: safe for plants when used as directed, but not for direct contact with humans: do not ingest, breathe or allow contact with eyes/skin.
- Always avoid breathing mist from spraying this or any garden product: always wear an appropriately rated mask, eye and hand protection when working with garden chemicals.